Thursday, February 18, 2010

Am I getting stronger?


These past two weeks after I tested, when the coaches are giving us workouts to do, I feel like I am platauing. Plateauing is when your gradually getting stronger and stronger, and at one point you just start to do the same weights and no progress. This is the feeling I'm starting to get and at this point that is really bad. We have the rest of the spring to do weights and if I plataeu now then there is not gonna be any progress until I find a different way to workout. I have hit a bit of a slope with pledging also, but it shouldn't faze me. I understand that the coaches want me to do better as we go along but they know that there will be times where I do stay the same weights for a period of time. But it means that we need our muscles to grow to be able to sustain the heavier weight. I think working out in the morning is easier than working out in the afternoon. Working out in the morning can also start off your day on the right foot, while in the afternoon you just got done with classes etc. etc. Whenever I workout I feel like I am getting better though. I feel like i am making a steady and slow progress but in the end it is still a process. I am trying to make sure that I use the right technique and that I can be able to do as much as i can to the point that I am still getting sore. Because being sore means to tear down your muscle so it can have a chance to build it up again. That is why when you workout you want to drink a protein shake and rest because that will make your muscles be able to grow and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment