Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Isolating Muscles


It was a good week in the weight room. The workouts are becoming more diligent, but I can feel a strong difference in my weight performance. Coach is doing a terrific job of finding ways to isolate specific muscle groups. For instance, we do one lift where we isolate our hamstrings. Being an O-Lineman, it is essential to have strong legs. In doing these workouts, I have been able to increase my squat by 20 pounds. This type of workout has been working all throughout my body. I have lost nearly 19 pounds and can tell a huge difference in my core lifts. When muscles are isolated, it takes pressure of the painful body parts like your back and knees. With this type of working out, our team will be more injury prone and be able to withstand a long and gratuitous season. I am looking forward to the upcoming season and the rest of the off-season. With this weight program, only good things can come for the 2010 season. Above is a picture of me isolating my bicep muscles. This is just a small example of what the off-season program is doing for me as a whole. I am going to be a much more nimble lineman and will be able to stop the speed demons off the edge. I'm positive that this workout is going to make me into a beast on the football field. I'm confident in the coaches and the rest of my football team to have an undefeated season. Go Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment